• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving w/ Suspended Licesne - MD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Something

I'm from Maryland, and I was pulled over for whatever reason by a PG officer. He asked for my license and all, and when he brought it back to me, he said it was suspended. Now the thing is, the only ticket it could be suspended for is a ticket I had payed. Now my timing was alittle off, but I put it in the mail maybe a day or 2 before I received the letter stating I had an option to appear in court or pay the ticket. I called the bank and even got a copy of the check that I wrote to the District Courts to show I indeed sent it. Where can I go to possibly get this taken car of without me even going to trial, and if not, where do I go TO find on the court date? Thanks.

P.S - As stated, I have proof of payment sent and although I suppose I dont have any proof of such, I received no notificaiton of my license being suspended in the first place.

Last edited:

cepe10

If you paid the ticket before you even got your district trial date letter then it sounds like there was clearly a screw up by MVA or the district court...

What the other poster does not know is in MD you can pay your fine clear up to the trial date....

The best advice I can give you is to contact the district court and the MVA to get the situation cleared up, and then you can either appear with the evidence that your license was suspended in error or contact the district attorney in your area and see if he will drop the matter.

Something

If you paid the ticket before you even got your district trial date letter then it sounds like there was clearly a screw up by MVA or the district court...

What the other poster does not know is in MD you can pay your fine clear up to the trial date....

The best advice I can give you is to contact the district court and the MVA to get the situation cleared up, and then you can either appear with the evidence that your license was suspended in error or contact the district attorney in your area and see if he will drop the matter.
Thank you for the advice. I do belive I actually heard about this before as my cousin who actually thought he had to go to court a certain day had to go that same time and day the very next week, but had up until then to pay. BTW, with the copy of the check written to the District Court, it also has on it when the check was cashed. Right now, I am preparing to go through the proper channels to hopefully get everything cleared up, but I do have another question. Are things like this common? I mean my license was suspended last year for a short while because of something similar, but I choose to just do what was required of me, but even then I atleast know that ticket was unpaid and received a notification from the MVA stating that my license was indeed suspended.

cepe10

Thank you for the advice. I do belive I actually heard about this before as my cousin who actually thought he had to go to court a certain day had to go that same time and day the very next week, but had up until then to pay. BTW, with the copy of the check written to the District Court, it also has on it when the check was cashed. Right now, I am preparing to go through the proper channels to hopefully get everything cleared up, but I do have another question. Are things like this common? I mean my license was suspended last year for a short while because of something similar, but I choose to just do what was required of me, but even then I atleast know that ticket was unpaid and received a notification from the MVA stating that my license was indeed suspended.
I think it is quite odd not to get a notice from the MVA. It does sound like an administrative screw up...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">