• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

border guard bust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Claud

What is the name of your state? arizona I was recently caught at the az/ca border with less than a half ounce of marijuana. Under az state law I will probably be offered drug counceling instead of jail time. I would like to know if it would help my case if I attend drug counceling now before any litigation or should I wait?

gideeupgoo

save money

most states that have drug courts offer drug court between arrainment and palimenary hearing if you quailify. you sh.ould wait

The Occultist

What is the name of your state? arizona I was recently caught at the az/ca border with less than a half ounce of marijuana. Under az state law I will probably be offered drug counceling instead of jail time. I would like to know if it would help my case if I attend drug counceling now before any litigation or should I wait?
It probably will not have any effect on your case. AZ will offer you deferred prosecution, which will consist of the aforementioned drug class, some fees, and a light probation, the successful completion of which will mean that the charges are completely dropped. I suppose taking the class ahead of time may just count for that required class so you won't have to take it later, but that's about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">