• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

skamania county strikes again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theicemantaylor

What is the name of your state?Washington
my girlfriend was charged with dwls3 and PCS there are many thing's wrong in this case she was sentenced to 13 month's in the state pen. I have a few question's I need answered so if you can help that's great
(1) after jury selection one of the juror's went into the DA's office to talk to the arresting officer that he use to work with but did not mention it when asked during jury selection the Judge let him stay on the jury anyway. My girlfriend's attorney made no objection even though she was told to by my girlfriend
(2)every time my girlfriend would tell her attorney to ask her or the officer's something her attorney would tell her no some of the question's needed to be asked it was like her attorney worked for the DA instead of my girlfriend one of the question's was about the glove box the only way it stays closed is by locking it if it is not locked it is wide open her attorney refused to ask the question can it be used in the appeal
(3)after my girlfriend's trial this guy got ahold of us and stated that he had seen the whole thing ( meaning the stop and arrest) I had placed sign's up asking if any one witnessed it the only reason he got ahold of us was that he recognized the car he had sold it to my girlfriend, can she get a new trial based on the discovery of new evidenceWhat is the name of your state?

CdwJava

theicemantaylor said:
(1) after jury selection one of the juror's went into the DA's office to talk to the arresting officer that he use to work with but did not mention it when asked during jury selection the Judge let him stay on the jury anyway. My girlfriend's attorney made no objection even though she was told to by my girlfriend
Moott point. Since it was known and addressed at court, it is no longer an issue. If the girlfriend has money she can hire a new attorney and try to use this as grounds for appeal. Good luck with that.

(2)every time my girlfriend would tell her attorney to ask her or the officer's something her attorney would tell her no some of the question's needed to be asked it was like her attorney worked for the DA instead of my girlfriend one of the question's was about the glove box the only way it stays closed is by locking it if it is not locked it is wide open her attorney refused to ask the question can it be used in the appeal
There can be a lot of reasons not to ask a particular question. And asking it may have made no difference in the case. A locking glove box would be irrelevent ... her car, her keys, her glovebox - got the idea? Perhaps opening that line of questioning would have cemented her guilt rather than leaving it open for question.

(3)after my girlfriend's trial this guy got ahold of us and stated that he had seen the whole thing ( meaning the stop and arrest) I had placed sign's up asking if any one witnessed it the only reason he got ahold of us was that he recognized the car he had sold it to my girlfriend, can she get a new trial based on the discovery of new evidenceWhat is the name of your state?
So ... what did he see that would make a difference? All because he witnessed the stop doesn't mean there is new evidence. He would have to have seen something pretty significant to make a difference.

If she has money she can hire an attorney for an appeal. Keep in mind appeals attorneys can be expensive.

- Carl

theicemantaylor

what he saw was the two Officers go to the trunk of their patrol car put on rubber gloves take something out of the trunk walk to her car turn back around walk back totheir car and ask her what is this the same thing they where holding after getting it out of the trunk of the patrolcar

CdwJava

theicemantaylor said:
what he saw was the two Officers go to the trunk of their patrol car put on rubber gloves take something out of the trunk walk to her car turn back around walk back totheir car and ask her what is this the same thing they where holding after getting it out of the trunk of the patrolcar
Ah! So, the claim is that the cops planted something?

I suspect she will need more than "he saw something" to appeal with that claim. Heck, I could come up with a number of plausible explanations and I was not even there. It may also have been part of a bluff (which is generally legal).

She can hire a new attorney and give him the information and see if that is sufficient to appeal. i doubt it, but with the other issue they MIGHT get an appeal. Unfortunately for her, a public defender is usually not provided for appeals.

- Carl

CdwJava

theicemantaylor said:
thats what I would say If I was a cop supervisor I Know YOU all stick together like **** on my shoe
Oh brother. :rolleyes:

Well, when she gets that attorney he can explain it all to her.

- Carl

Some Random Guy

This is hilarious. No excuse for DWLS, arguing against the search of the glove box and now they have a third party that will say the police took something and brought it to the car and accused her of having it in the car.

Let me guess - at the first trial, the driver never mentioned that the police planted evidence because nobody had come up with that BS story yet and they were instead trying to get the search of the glove box thrown out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">