• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

first time need some advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdzzl03

What is the name of your state? NC

Ok I dont want to bore anyone here but to make a long story very brief. I was pulled over on a very weak probable cause. Said i would get a warning and be on my way. Asked me to step out of the car and wait in the cruiser. I complied. After a long time the found two glass pipes(marijuanna) and .3 gram of MJ and two ww2 bayonets. What sucks is that I had forgotten that the knives were in my car. They were passed down to me from my dead grandfather and in one of my moves must have fallen out of a box or something. Either way i didnt place them there intentionally nor did I know where they were in the car. At the time i was so scared, for lack of a better word, that I failed to mention them because i was more worried about the drugs. This all took place on july 26th. I do have a lawyer who seems to be good and connected. He says that the DA is having a hard time issueing me deffered prosecution because of the knives. He would like me to write a paragraph about how the knives came to be in the car. Total of 3 misdemeanors, possesion, paraph., and concealed weapons. This is also a first offense. I have a clean record, not even a speeding ticket, and am 21. Any advice about the paragraph I should write that could help my case but also be truthful? Since I dont know how exactly they came to be in my car, i am afraid of saying something that isnt true then to have it hurt even worse later on. Also what kind of charges can I be facing if everything went wrong. What kind of probation would I hope to get if everything went right. How difficult would it be to get this taken off my record at a later date if it goes wrong. Any suggestions, advice, ect..? Also I am graduating in May and would like to have deffered prosectuion in order for this to not affect my job search. Thank you for your time

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? NC

Ok I dont want to bore anyone here but to make a long story very brief. I was pulled over on a very weak probable cause. Said i would get a warning and be on my way. Asked me to step out of the car and wait in the cruiser. I complied. After a long time the found two glass pipes(marijuanna) and .3 gram of MJ and two ww2 bayonets. What sucks is that I had forgotten that the knives were in my car. They were passed down to me from my dead grandfather and in one of my moves must have fallen out of a box or something. Either way i didnt place them there intentionally nor did I know where they were in the car. At the time i was so scared, for lack of a better word, that I failed to mention them because i was more worried about the drugs. This all took place on july 26th. I do have a lawyer who seems to be good and connected. He says that the DA is having a hard time issueing me deffered prosecution because of the knives. He would like me to write a paragraph about how the knives came to be in the car. Total of 3 misdemeanors, possesion, paraph., and concealed weapons. This is also a first offense. I have a clean record, not even a speeding ticket, and am 21. Any advice about the paragraph I should write that could help my case but also be truthful? Since I dont know how exactly they came to be in my car, i am afraid of saying something that isnt true then to have it hurt even worse later on. Also what kind of charges can I be facing if everything went wrong. What kind of probation would I hope to get if everything went right. How difficult would it be to get this taken off my record at a later date if it goes wrong. Any suggestions, advice, ect..? Also I am graduating in May and would like to have deffered prosectuion in order for this to not affect my job search. Thank you for your time
LOL! :D
You are not going to enjoy the reality sandwich Life has been preparing for you. But you will eat it.

jdzzl03

Wow

Wow jeez thanks for being so helpful. Im not sure what bolding certain parts of my story mean. Either way if you have specific questions that might help me please let me know.

Silverplum

Wow jeez thanks for being so helpful. Im not sure what bolding certain parts of my story mean. Either way if you have specific questions that might help me please let me know.
The lines I bolded are the ones to which I am specifically responding.

You're welcome.

Ozark_Sophist

Some senior members tend to be sarcastic because sometimes the truth bites. Trust your lawyer. Write the paragraph describing what you know to be true. I too graduate in May, but I plan on many more years of education. There is no time in my life for drugs, and as they are illegal, I avoid using and users because I have too much invested in my future to screw it up. Be honest. Take responsibility. Let your lawyer do the work.

jdzzl03

Thanks

Thanks sophist. Plum I understand that this is a huge reality check. I guess I was hoping for more objective advice. I am following what my lawyer has said, and have since the arrest stopped using any kind of CS and severed ties with user friends. Not to make judgements on anyones lifestyle, but this has brought about the realization that I have a lot to lose as opposed to continue using. Again any advice is appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">