• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indian Givers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

carsa

They gave and now they want it back!

Last year I worked for "one of those start up dot coms" (May). Unfortunately the information given to us by the investors was incorrect-research that was done by one of the employees-and after the CEO brought to the attention this info, the investors closed us down-one day to the next (August)! We had approx. 12 employees and when the announcement was made by the CEO, he told us that the investors agreed to give us our laptop computers as part of our compensation. We had also purchased a big screen TV which he also announced to everyone that he would be giving it to me. He even helped me load it on my truck. A couple of weeks ago I received a letter from the investors saying that I took those items without permission and that if I did not return them they would file a civil law suit. Can they do this?

HomeGuru

Yes they can. Write a letter back stating that the CEO gave you the TV and if he was not authorized to do so, contact him/her for reimbursement.

By the way, your post title is discriminatory against Indians.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">