• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

XTC Charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

question2

What is the name of your state? Missouri.

I had a friend from school call me that seems to be in alot of trouble. He was on probation for selling drugs xtc I am sorry for the spelling and then he sold them again. He has a warrant from his arrest. I told him to turn himself in but he is scared. Now he contacted me because he knew I worked on computers and I might be able to get him some advice.

he mentioned his warrants had due dates can you please explain this to me. Does that mean when the due date comes and they have not convicted him or caught him the statue of limitations has expired and they cannot arrest him anymore. Or will they just reissue the warrants for him again?

I am sorry to bug everyone with something so stupid but I told him I would look around a bit for him for advice.

So warrant due date? Define please.

2nd time offender with drug sales what kind of time is he look at? Please explain.

Thanks all for your help!

smutlydog

What is the name of your state? Missouri.

I had a friend from school call me that seems to be in alot of trouble. He was on probation for selling drugs xtc I am sorry for the spelling and then he sold them again. He has a warrant from his arrest. I told him to turn himself in but he is scared. Now he contacted me because he knew I worked on computers and I might be able to get him some advice.

he mentioned his warrants had due dates can you please explain this to me. Does that mean when the due date comes and they have not convicted him or caught him the statue of limitations has expired and they cannot arrest him anymore. Or will they just reissue the warrants for him again?

I am sorry to bug everyone with something so stupid but I told him I would look around a bit for him for advice.

So warrant due date? Define please.

2nd time offender with drug sales what kind of time is he look at? Please explain.

Thanks all for your help!
Statue of limitations doesn't apply to your friend and his situation will go from bad to worse if he doesn't turn himself in. If he is a minor it is much better that he go through this bumpy period at young age. Maybe the experience will enable him to avoid prison time in his adult life.

Bretagne

I am not familiar with any type of "due date" when it comes to warrants. But sometimes judges will issue a warrant and then stay the warrant for a period of time. This means that if you don't show up to court on time, the judge might issue a warrant but stay it for a week because its not clear if proper notice was given, or maybe the public defender wasn't sure if the defendant knew about court or not. So if you can show up at court before the stay expires, you can sometimes get a new court date and the warrant will be administratively quashed.

But he should be prepared to be taken into custody when he turns himself in. If he has warrants from multiple counties/jurisdictions, he might get arraigned in the county where he turns himself in, and then transported to the next county who has a warrant out, and so on and so forth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">