• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

VA- Reckless Driving with a Clearance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

desireeBro202

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I was in court yesterday and the judge found me guilty of reckless driving. I didn't realize this was going to be such a bad thing until today. When I told my security officer at work what happen and now I have to write an incident report and send it to the people who issued my clearance.

I hadn't had a ticket in almost 5 years and the judge said that I had to pay a fine and then to go. So I did ok so is there anything I can do now to help myself out of this situation or make it a little better? My clearance is my way of life. Can I go back to court and appeal the decision with a Lawyer or is it to late? Please Help

Thank you:(

The Occultist

Appealing is not going to work if you really are guilty and you were found guilty in court. I'm fairly certain that you don't have any options in this.

Also, I don't see why your clearance would become limited because of a traffic violation. It's not like you committed murder or espionage or anything. If this really is a concern, perhaps those you work for will take leniency on you if you take a driving course or something. You should talk to them about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">