• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

House Color

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

southowner

What is the name of your state? Florida
I live in a subdivision, I submited an approval form to change the exterior paint with the real colors from sherwiin willians, they approved the change and we painted the house, my neighbors didn't like the color and the HOA asked me to change the color I say no because they approved it, and now they request it again because they did a mistake approving my color:confused: .....I like my color and didn't do nothing wrong I followed the regulations and painted with their permission, my question Can the make me change my color with a court order, that's what they say their going to do? why? I don't understand....please help me with your advise;)

justalayman

For therm to get a court order to require you to change the color, they will have to convince a judge why they should be allowed to require this. In turn, you get to defend your position as to why you believe they should not be able to make you change the color.

I;m betting you win (unless there is specific language that does not allow your current color) and you can provide evidence the color was approved.

southowner

thank you for your comment....their excused is i am not in harmony with the neighborhood, but to me it is, and they saw the colors with the approval....

justalayman

thank you for your comment....their excused is i am not in harmony with the neighborhood, but to me it is, and they saw the colors with the approval....
Please see my previous post. Tell them since they approved the color and they now seem to have a problem with it that if the pay to have the house painted you are willing to comply (if you are willing to do this anyway). If not, plan on heading down to court to defend yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">