• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

100mph in a 65 out of state, will it transfer suspension?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ls7

What is the name of your state? PA

I was in Jersey on business at 2:30AM last week on the Garden State Parkway and was ticketed for 100mph in a 65 zone. The ticket is over $300. When I asked why it was higher than normal he said it was doubled like the sign says back there. I said what sign and the officer got smart with me and said "Well I guess you didnt see it". I didn't really argue, I just said "No sir..I was focusing on the road".

What I am wondering is, if you are to get suspended in another state will that suspension cross over to your home state? I know in the PennDOT manual it says "While reported to Penndot, points are not assessed for minor violations such as speeding or red lights" -- something to that effect. I doubt mine would be considered a minor violation, but what would be? Is 30mph over considered a minor violation?

I will hire my lawyer for this like I have every ticket, but this is my fifth or sixth convicted violation in New Jersey since 1985 with my last one being in 2000. I hope that since it was that long ago they won't really count them.

For the record, it was a wide open road around 2:30 AM and I saw very little cars within 100 miles. I go with whatever traffic is doing during the day...most of my tickets are at night. This sucks too, my Valentine One went off and I hit the brakes at about 120-130 but forgot to press the clutch so the engine almost stalled and I forgot to downshift. Probably would've slowed me down a bit more.

Thanks for the advice guys.

LSCAP

I can’t find anything that says the other state can take your license away.

I only find stuff that says they will notify your state of the violation. And your state can take your license away.

BTW When your radar detector goes off, most often it is telling you that you’ve already been clocked by radar.

What fools most owners of radar detectors is that for some other reason, the officer didn’t stop you.
Such as, he couldn’t pick out which one was the violator, or traffic is moving under a speed he feels is okay. ( In my state it is ‘normally’ ten over, yet in other states it could be only five, or as much as twenty)
Sometime they use it to control traffic, as a warning that he is there. This is only the officer’s personal opinion, and may not work with the next officer.
The bad part of Detectors, is they lull you into thinking you can slow down quick enough. NOT TRUE.

ALSO. You are admitting loss of some control at 120.
If you ever saw the remains of someone hit by a car traveling at 120, you might consider slowing down.
And, hitting someone, ( a motorist who broke down and was trying to cross the road, or a staggering drunk) in many states you are going to jail.
“It can’t happen to me” is for fools.

The lecture comes because I’ve seen the remains of a hit at 120, and the driver went to jail.

ls7

DMV report checked...not good.

I can’t find anything that says the other state can take your license away.

I only find stuff that says they will notify your state of the violation. And your state can take your license away.

BTW When your radar detector goes off, most often it is telling you that you’ve already been clocked by radar.

What fools most owners of radar detectors is that for some other reason, the officer didn’t stop you.
Such as, he couldn’t pick out which one was the violator, or traffic is moving under a speed he feels is okay. ( In my state it is ‘normally’ ten over, yet in other states it could be only five, or as much as twenty)
Sometime they use it to control traffic, as a warning that he is there. This is only the officer’s personal opinion, and may not work with the next officer.
The bad part of Detectors, is they lull you into thinking you can slow down quick enough. NOT TRUE.

ALSO. You are admitting loss of some control at 120.
If you ever saw the remains of someone hit by a car traveling at 120, you might consider slowing down.
And, hitting someone, ( a motorist who broke down and was trying to cross the road, or a staggering drunk) in many states you are going to jail.
“It can’t happen to me” is for fools.

The lecture comes because I’ve seen the remains of a hit at 120, and the driver went to jail.
I have no dependents...no kids, no wife etc. I am willing to risk my life to drive fast. I raced cars when I was 18-21 professionally. Did 2 24 hour endurance races in a 650hp stock car and all the good stuff. I still feel that in me.That is also why I have no accidents in over 1 million miles driven. Have gotten over 60 speeding/moving violation tickets (have a couple funny ones framed) 3 suspensions but not even a scratch on any of my cars. At one point I had a Ferrari 512TR that was only about 4 years old but it got too much when insurance was 15 grand a year and 10 grand a year in maintenance. Loved that car though.

Oh boy, I just ran my 10-year DMV report. It is loaded with violations. I wish I wouldn't have had to plead guilty to these tickets but I was really busy with business. I don't think the judge is going to like me very much at all.

ls7

Oh...yeah I'm a troll..I simply had a question because I haven't had one a suspension out of state ever transfer over before (remember, this was 1992..i doubt it was all computers like now). If you don't have any advice, please keep your cigarette smoking pie hole shut.

Might be buying an F430 soon and if I ever see you, you better keep to the right in your Ford Taurus buddy!

Happy motoring everybody.

The Occultist

Oh...yeah I'm a troll..I simply had a question because I haven't had one a suspension out of state ever transfer over before (remember, this was 1992..i doubt it was all computers like now). If you don't have any advice, please keep your cigarette smoking pie hole shut.

Might be buying an F430 soon and if I ever see you, you better keep to the right in your Ford Taurus buddy!

Wow, yes, that's the perfect way to make sure you get the help you're asking for.

cepe10

Nicely put. My thoughts exactly! To the real Trolls here... and watch out for those pedestrians walking on the freeway in the travel lanes at 2:30 am:) I'm sure they were really at risk along with all the other non-existent motorists:)

Getting a competant lawyer to deal with it is a wise choice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">