• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Thank you, Occultist, Cepe10, Case Dismissed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DAS

What is the name of your state? SD
Thank you Occultist, I followed your advice regarding my concerns over a bench warrant. I did call and No bench warrant. This left me at ease, so to speak, to proceed with my pending court trial. This happened on Oct. 17 for a speeding ticket (Dispositional Conference post). This is when you the Occultist and Cepe10 responded with advice which I followed. I did take pictures and even went to Earth Google and got an overview of the curve. My husband and I went out and measured the maximum point where the officer could have seen my car. This measured to 560 ft., the actually spot was under 500 ft. I did the calabration thing, tuning forks, speedometer, not attacking the officer but the equipment, the officer and the prosecution had no docs, tried the Discovery but I responded to that, but felt I wasn't really making headway. I called my husband to the stand and had him testify . I did not testify and I did not call my son but he was mentioned in my husbands testimony. At no time did we attack the officer just stated what he saw. I ran over my 15 min. time frame and when I was done the Judge said he needed to review the Officers Testimony. (He made a few observational errors and location of actual speeding occured.) I received my letter on Sat. I was found not quilty, case dismissed.
Without your knowledge and advice on possibly how to approach this I don't know if I would have received this outcome.
Thank you so much. I haven't received a ticket in over 26 years and I hope to keep it going.
DS

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">