• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Home Construction Warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

westernbuilders

What is the name of your state? CA
I am a new home builder and am looking for language for a home warranty. I need to know as the builder what I have to cover by law and for how many years. Is there a general CA construction warranty available to the builder?

Buk1000

The CA Contractors Licensing Board should be able to tell you what is required of licensed builders in the state: http://www.cslb.ca.gov/ Also check state home builders associations and search google.com for home warranties and you will some builders warranties online. I do not think many builders write their warranties with quality in mind. Worry more about your work being top notch than writing a warranty that protects you. The state laws already protect you quite a bit as CA has a Right to Repair Law since 2002 or thereabouts. Whatever you do, keep the wording plain and up front. Consumers are slowly getting wise to deceptive wording, one-sided contracts, worthless warranties, arbitration clauses, etc. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">