• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

first offence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bd2335

What is the name of your state? Virginia
Yorktown VA has some kind of first offence plea, can someone tell me wether it would be applicable in this situation:
If you've been charged with a misdemeanor DUI, would the first offence apply to a felony charge of possesion of a schedule I or II?
Both charges were incurred on the same night, but were then separated at trial, is that normal?
A minimum sentence of the 5 mandatory days was expected and has already been served for the DUI, doesn't this then make you ineligible for the first offence plea on the felony charge? Is my court appointed attorney just telling me what I want to hear, or am I missing something?
Does anyone know what the mandatory minimum and maximium sentences are for this felony charge?What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">