• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violation? plz help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

megan328

What is the name of your state? Maryland

Hello everyone,
aA few months ago, I received PBJ for leaving the scene of an accident. Four other charges were placed on stet docket (reckless driving, negligent driving, not returning to the scene, and failure to control speed to avoid collision). I regret my actions and was trying to do my best to get everything back together. Then just last night I hit someone at an intersection. Everyone's ok and I was only cited with failure to yeild. Now I am scared to death all these other charges will be brought back up. The accident occured in another county, will they necessarally violate me? What do you thinK is going to happen now... Thanks greatly for any advice.

cepe10

Not sure, when I've been in disrtict court in Wasginton county, allegany county etc. everyone who pleads guilty gets PBJ so you could try for it again in the hopes that the court/DMV is too screwed up to find the previous PBJ (i have a feeling the judge will have no clue and there will typically not be a prosecutor to review your record) however it seems to be a bad risk/reward

On the failure to yeild the other driver would most likely have to appear to get the conviction, I've seen the judges just make dismissal when the other driver does not show and the trooper states he did not witness the event.

If you have paid for the damages through insurance, the other driver may not care to show. also, showing this will help your court case and you may be able to ask the DA about changing it to a non-moving in light of that.

so for sure show up to court on you assigned court date. after that if you can afford an attorney and can find a competant one for the failure to yeild in the $500 range that might be a wise choice to avoid the other charges hitting you. otherwise you have a couple of options to try with hopefully no other driver showing up.

Shay-Pari'e

Not sure, when I've been in disrtict court in Wasginton county, allegany county etc. everyone who pleads guilty gets PBJ so you could try for it again in the hopes that the court/DMV is too screwed up to find the previous PBJ (i have a feeling the judge will have no clue and there will typically not be a prosecutor to review your record) however it seems to be a bad risk/reward

On the failure to yeild the other driver would most likely have to appear to get the conviction, I've seen the judges just make dismissal when the other driver does not show and the trooper states he did not witness the event.

If you have paid for the damages through insurance, the other driver may not care to show. also, showing this will help your court case and you may be able to ask the DA about changing it to a non-moving in light of that.

so for sure show up to court on you assigned court date. after that if you can afford an attorney and can find a competant one for the failure to yeild in the $500 range that might be a wise choice to avoid the other charges hitting you. otherwise you have a couple of options to try with hopefully no other driver showing up.
You have no clue as to what county she is in, and all you are doing is assuming what will happen. She may have violated her probation, so no witness needed.

cepe10

You have no clue as to what county she is in, and all you are doing is assuming what will happen. She may have violated her probation, so no witness needed.
You have no clue about MD do you? It shows in your typical unintelligent nit pick response. If you could read you can look into the STATEWIDE court system as administered by MD.

gawm

What is the name of your state? Maryland

Hello everyone,
aA few months ago, I received PBJ for leaving the scene of an accident. Four other charges were placed on stet docket (reckless driving, negligent driving, not returning to the scene, and failure to control speed to avoid collision). I regret my actions and was trying to do my best to get everything back together. Then just last night I hit someone at an intersection. Everyone's ok and I was only cited with failure to yeild. Now I am scared to death all these other charges will be brought back up. The accident occured in another county, will they necessarally violate me? What do you thinK is going to happen now... Thanks greatly for any advice.
Women drivers.:rolleyes: She is just lucky BIGTEX wasn't in that car that she hit or she would of got a hot cup of coffee thrown in her face.

Shay-Pari'e

Women drivers.:rolleyes: She is just lucky BIGTEX wasn't in that car that she hit or she would of got a hot cup of coffee thrown in her face.
LOL, and the answer is YES, it will most likely be a violation when your probation officer get's wind of it.

megan328

thanks for the responses. Cepe, yes, I am am hoping the courts won't realize I am on probation. I will be on trial in Talbot county and the prior offenses were in Wicomico. If they find out I suppose I will be w-out a license for a while with some hefty fines to pay and a lot of points.

cepe10

Yes, that would be good since you would then be convicted of a violent crime, namely Third-degree Assault. hopefully, you would get at least a year in the state prison. Nice advie by you and shay-flakie

gawm

Yes, that would be good since you would then be convicted of a violent crime, namely Third-degree Assault. hopefully, you would get at least a year in the state prison. Nice advie by you and shay-flakie
How would I be convicted of a violent crime? I don't advocate throwing coffee in a person's face because of traffic altercations. And if someone was to get a year, they would be doing it in county jail. State prison is for convicts sentenced to more than a year. And what is a advie?

Shay-Pari'e

Ahh, resorting to childish name calling to make you feel big? I need a tissue now. How about if you understood Gwans post? Is that to difficult for you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">