• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incomplete Sodding Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dangerlarson

What is the name of your state? SC

Our builder only sods the front lawn - the purchaser is responsible for the back yard. When my wife and I were selecting options, their agent responsible for upgrades and drafting the contract told us that 4 pallets would be more than enough to cover our back lawn.

At the final inspection we came out to see that the back yard was only partially sodded. The builder said that they ran out of sod, so they stopped.

When we are budgeting for upgrades, we feel that accurate estimates are needed, especially from the person quoting prices and putting figures into the contract we signed. If we knew more sod would be required, we would have gotten less of other upgrades.

Whether or not we have the money to purchase the sod isn't the issue - we feel that such a matter could be construed as bait-and-switch. The builder would not provide accurate measurements of our lt before selecting sod so we could not know the amount required other than what the agent suggested.

Do we have any options to get the builder to complete the sodding?

dangerlarson

The contract says 4 pallets and I don't know if we did or not, but we asked directly "Will that be enough to finish the job." Their agent said yes. This was confirmed by their staff later and they said, "He made a mistake."

Who pays for their mistake - The builder whose agent is giving out false information by which we sign a contract, or the buyer who thinks they are getting a completed lawn?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">