• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Builder Liability for poor workmanship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lighthouse74

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

An 20'x24' Kitchen was added on to my home and completed in May '05.
The contractors workers did all the work since he was licensed to perform all phases of construction.
The issue is with the plumbing which was supposed to be glued together as it was PVC pipe but strangely enough it wasn't. This caused the pipe to come apart and dump the contents from the kitchen sink & garbage disposal onto the floor in my crawl space under the main section of my home.
This happened twice. The first time I cleaned it up right away because it caused a great deal of a stinky mess. I didn't bother to call the contrator that time but when it happened again just last week,and in a different section of the pipe, I called him and got no satisfaction. I was told by him that it was over a year and he had no more liability.
I've since filed a claim on my Homeowners policy which was denied due to continual seepage the insurance company said. I had A company called ServiceMaster come in to start the clean up to the cost of over $1100.00.
Is there any recourse against the builder for the loss I incurred due to his workers faulty installation? According to my homeowners, the plumbing issue was not covered as well.
Please advise.
Thanks, JP

HappyHusband

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

An 20'x24' Kitchen was added on to my home and completed in May '05.
The contractors workers did all the work since he was licensed to perform all phases of construction.
The issue is with the plumbing which was supposed to be glued together as it was PVC pipe but strangely enough it wasn't. This caused the pipe to come apart and dump the contents from the kitchen sink & garbage disposal onto the floor in my crawl space under the main section of my home.
This happened twice. The first time I cleaned it up right away because it caused a great deal of a stinky mess. I didn't bother to call the contrator that time but when it happened again just last week,and in a different section of the pipe, I called him and got no satisfaction. I was told by him that it was over a year and he had no more liability.
I've since filed a claim on my Homeowners policy which was denied due to continual seepage the insurance company said. I had A company called ServiceMaster come in to start the clean up to the cost of over $1100.00.
Is there any recourse against the builder for the loss I incurred due to his workers faulty installation? According to my homeowners, the plumbing issue was not covered as well.
Please advise.
Thanks, JP
Hire a plumber to come out and fix the pipes, then sue the original contractor for the amount paid to fix the problem and for the cost of the clean-up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">