• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help for a child's sake

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

snugglebuggg

I've asked this question under "arrests & warrants" but no one has answered me so I thought I'd ask it here. A friend of mine is going through hell...Her daughter's father is accused of sexual abuse of their 2 year old daughter..She's wondering if they run background checks on everyone involved in the situation or just the accused..She thinks she has a warrant in Indiana, she lives in Ohio..If they did find out she had a warrant would they arrest her and take her to Indiana? It is regarding bad checks from 2 years ago that she has a warrant..I know this is'nt the right topic but I couldn't find answers from anyone else..Please help her she's terrified...Another thing her ex and her don't live together and he has custody if that helps any...

R

roseleb

First of all, if he is under investigation for sexually abusing the daughter, regardless if he did it or not, the child should not be with him until the investigation is complete! And I dont think that another state is going to extradite you for some bad checks and if you are found out, they may just have you go to a local court, probation office, etc.

S

snugglebuggg

The child isn't with him anymore she's with her mother now..We were just hoping that child protective services wouldn't put her in foster homes because of a warrant in another state. Thanks for your advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">