• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fla. Speeding Ticket w/Airplane

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jchallenor

What is the name of your state? Florida

I just received a speeding ticket for supposedly doing 80 in a 60 with an airplane that apparently clocked me with those big white lines that cross the highway.

If both officers show up to court, what defense could I use?

cepe10

What is the name of your state? Florida

I just received a speeding ticket for supposedly doing 80 in a 60 with an airplane that apparently clocked me with those big white lines that cross the highway.

If both officers show up to court, what defense could I use?
It would be a lot like a vascar type of measurement....

this link has some good info on it...
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/enforce/deskbk.html

"Reaction time by the operator could affect the determination of speed"

"The roadways must be marked and the area must also be free of any obstructions so as not to interfere with the identification of any suspected violator"

"Finally, this method requires additional officers for court testimony. Some agencies will attempt to limit the necessity to have aircraft crews testify in court by having officers from the ground accompany the pilot so they can testify when the case comes to court."

I could see positive ID as a problem as well...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">