• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to write a court judge?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RBE

I live in California, and I fought a ticket by written declaration, which I lost. I am eligible for traffic school per all the clerks at the court with whom I've spoken. I need to write the judge requesting an assignment to traffic school.

How do I word the letter asking the judge for traffic school? Thanks a lot,

Craig

seniorjudge

Q: I need to write the judge requesting an assignment to traffic school. How do I word the letter asking the judge for traffic school?

A: I live in California, and I fought a ticket by written declaration, which I lost. I am eligible for traffic school per all the clerks at the court with whom I've spoken. Please assign me to traffic school. I sent a copy of this letter to the prosecuting attorney [fill in that info-- prosecutor's name and address].

Signed,

Craig [last name]
[your address and daytime telephone number]
[case number]
[date]

RBE

Alright, now what's this about the prosecuting attorney, I fought the ticket myself, forgive me, I'm new to this. Thanks again, I'm using that in my letter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">