• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikekb

What is the name of your state? Georgia

i am on probation for posession of mary. i am close to being done, but i just recieved a ticket for an expired tag. is this a violation of my probation? and will i get jail time. every time i see my p.o she ask me if i have had any new tickets or arrest, and i dont know to tell the truth or just play it off and pay the ticket and hope she does not find out. if it is not a violation and i am not going to get jail time then i really have nothing to worry about but i dont know if it is or not. the ticket took place in another county if that has anything to do with if she would find out.

Bretagne

You should call up your PO and tell her about the expired tag ticket. But get your new tags right away.

Look at your papers from when you were sentenced. I'm sure one of your conditions is "be of good behavior" or "no further violations of the law", but if all that we're talking about is TRULY expired tags (no possession, no attitude toward the cop) then you'll probably be fine.

Your PO probably knows already. When the cop ran your license, he probably saw you were on probation and gave the PO a call.

Don't sweat it. Fess up and deal with it. Shouldn't be too bad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">