• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticket and no insurance live in NH. got in vermont

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dragoon147

i love in new hampshire. i was visiting my girlfriend in vermont where she goes to class for the weekend, eather way when i was comming home i got pulled over by a cop, said i was doing 92 in a 65 on the interstate. im not even sure thats correctm sence i was useing my cruse controll at 82ish. then he asks if i got insurance. in NH it isnt required by law to have it. and vermont it is. he gives me a 140 doller ticket for not haveing it (i know i should have it, but i dont at the moment) is that ticket not vallad? i talked to a cop and he said they cant do that cause my residance is in NH. i think he knew this too.. sence he basickly said "im going to drive away now. you can do anything you need to get out of here, im not saying you can drive. just do whatever you need to get out, do you understand what im saying" then he drove off.. i got a 240 doller ticket for the speeding, and 140 for the insurance. i dont think eather are really lawfull. i saw him like 20 secconds ahead with someone else pulled over too. do i have a case? in nh it isnt required to have a insurance, i dont need it to cross from state to state id imagin

moburkes

Well, since you were driving in another state that DOES require auto insurance, you should not drive there without it. I don't understand why the insurance ticket is not valid. If you aren't sure of your speed, how can you argue with the police officer's determination of speed.

dragoon147

isnt that the same as say.. lets say mass only needs to have 1 licence plate, where in NH needs 2. if a mass person comes into NH with only 1 plate. thats saying we should pull them over and fine them. cause our state its law to have 2 plates. meaning mass people cant drive in nh with only 1 plate. its a right of a NH citizan to not have insurance, as it is in mass to only have 1 plate

The Occultist

isnt that the same as say.. lets say mass only needs to have 1 licence plate, where in NH needs 2. if a mass person comes into NH with only 1 plate. thats saying we should pull them over and fine them. cause our state its law to have 2 plates. meaning mass people cant drive in nh with only 1 plate. its a right of a NH citizan to not have insurance, as it is in mass to only have 1 plate
I don't believe that's correct. I'm fairly certain the laws state that vehicles registered NH must have 2 license plates, which of course doesn't apply to vehicles not registered in NH. As for insurance, you are not allowed to drive an uninsured vehicle in that state, regardless of what state you're from.

Of course, I could easily be mistaken...

Orcons

Just to keep the record straight, we do require two license plates here in Mass. Now they don't have to be a male and a female (we allow two male plates or two female plates), but you still have to have two. :eek:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">