• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother to be needs help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

krystalm_115

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was originally arrested on June 5, 2005 for posession of marijuana under 2 oz. I went to court and accepted probation. I recently went to court for a motion to revoke my probation. I admitted true to all of the violations of my probation. The judge sentenced me to 100 days to be served in jail beginning on Feburary 21 next year. When I got home, I was reading over the paperwork and the last paragraph states:

"IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED AND ADJUGED that the Defendant who has previously been adjudged guilty of the misdemeanor offense of posession of marijuana under 2 oz committed on the 5 day of June, 2006......"

The date is wrong... can this be thrown out?:confused:

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was originally arrested on June 5, 2005 for posession of marijuana under 2 oz. I went to court and accepted probation. I recently went to court for a motion to revoke my probation. I admitted true to all of the violations of my probation. The judge sentenced me to 100 days to be served in jail beginning on Feburary 21 next year. When I got home, I was reading over the paperwork and the last paragraph states:

"IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED AND ADJUGED that the Defendant who has previously been adjudged guilty of the misdemeanor offense of posession of marijuana under 2 oz committed on the 5 day of June, 2006......"

The date is wrong... can this be thrown out?:confused:
What does this have to do with "mother to be"???

danno6925

The date is wrong... can this be thrown out?
Since no one bothered to actually answer your original question... This is a simple clerical error, and it doesn't look like you can get off on something that technical. Sorry.:(

Please do not breat feed that child. He deserves a chance at a healthy life.

C'mon now, Shay - she never admitted to comsumption, only posession. She could have been a dealer, mule, etc. Nowhere in that post does it indicate that the OP was a user.

Last edited:

danno6925

I recently went to court for a motion to revoke my probation. I admitted true to all of the violations of my probation. The judge sentenced me to 100 days
Huh. Sure looked that way to me in the OP.

Shay-Pari'e

Huh. Sure looked that way to me in the OP.
She violated her probation, that is what she *ADMITTED*. Who really cares if she admitted or not?

The child will be born to a girl in jail, who is there for posession of pot, and violatied her probation after that.

You actually want this child to be able to breast feed?

danno6925

You're letting emotion cloud your judgement.

That she ADMITTED she violated her parole, and was charged with the original crime of POSESSION is a fact as presented in the OP - Not being under the influence of a controlled substance. Besides, this was in 9/2005. By my best guess she got pregnant some time in March. That's plenty of time to get off of the pipe and get healthy in between.

I'm just pointing out that you're presuming most of your argument. You know what momma said about what happens when you assume...

What do you care if she breast feeds or not? As an aside, unless there are cogent medical arguments against a particular woman breast feeding, I believe all women should feed their infants this way. But that's my opinion, and it has no bearing on this girl's original question regarding whether or not she would be able to fight her jailtime based on the clerical error regarding the date.

Shay-Pari'e

You're letting emotion cloud your judgement.

That she ADMITTED she violated her parole, and was charged with the original crime of POSESSION is a fact as presented in the OP - Not being under the influence of a controlled substance. Besides, this was in 9/2005. By my best guess she got pregnant some time in March. That's plenty of time to get off of the pipe and get healthy in between.

I'm just pointing out that you're presuming most of your argument. You know what momma said about what happens when you assume...

What do you care if she breast feeds or not? As an aside, unless there are cogent medical arguments against a particular woman breast feeding, I believe all women should feed their infants this way. But that's my opinion, and it has no bearing on this girl's original question regarding whether or not she would be able to fight her jailtime based on the clerical error regarding the date.
And you are also.

gawm

she never admitted to comsumption, only posession. She could have been a dealer, mule, etc. Nowhere in that post does it indicate that the OP was a user

Under 2 oz
That tells me USER!

danno6925

Under 2 oz
That tells me USER!
'Tis what is 'tis - a probation violation. the nature of the violation is never made clear in the OP. Not saying it isn't possible, but seriously, why are we all worrying about whether or not there's bong resin in the mom's teat? This kid's formative years are gonne be effed up enough as it is without wondering if mommy's milk was getting him stoned when he was a baby.

Shay-Pari'e

'Tis what is 'tis - a probation violation. the nature of the violation is never made clear in the OP. Not saying it isn't possible, but seriously, why are we all worrying about whether or not there's bong resin in the mom's teat? This kid's formative years are gonne be effed up enough as it is without wondering if mommy's milk was getting him stoned when he was a baby.
For me, it means I care about a unborn baby. Period, End of it.

Ps. Don't forget to vote.

krystalm_115

those are some of the most cold hearted comments i have ever seen! when this crime was commited, i was still in high school and the reason my probation was revoked was that i couldn't afford the fines. i just had a simple question that i can't afford to pay an attorney to answer for me. you people are sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">