• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need some good advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hmm1313

my friend just got arrested for threatening a federal witness and he is going to his first apperance tomm. morning. He did not know that this person was a federal witness and did not realize that a verbal arguement on the phone would escalate into this. This other guy (the witness) called our house tues night and started in on my friend, so there was an arguement. My car was searched and the cops told him that they had him on tape making threats, but if that was the case they would have heard both sides. My question is this what can he do leagally, what is our best defense, because it is federal the officers said that he may not even make bond tomm. I am really upset and confused. Please someone give me some clue and I would greatly appreciate it:)

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Hopefully you had the first appearance and some things have been brought to light.

Your best duty at this point is to hire a criminal defense attorney. Why? This is a serious crime and an experienced defense attorney can make proper motions like excluding the evidence because of possible wiretapping/invasion of privacy laws as well as federal rules of evidence on hearsay motions. I.e. is there really a tape?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">