• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Millitary Installation Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bhutchens

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I am a civilian sales representative which services customers on Ft. Bragg, NC in the construction industry. Last week on post, after making a big deal with a customer, I was not paying attention and came through a school zone at 31mph in a 15mph zone. Needless to say, a Ft. Bragg officer (not MP, but civilian) came behind me sirens blaring and proceeded to pull me. At first the officer was very combative and aggressive; however, after speaking with him for a moment he relaxed, though still wrote the ticket for the above stated charge. Upon returning to my vehicle, the officer explained how my court summons would be issued (FEDERAL COURT) and then I asked him if he would indicate on my citation that I was cooperative, which he did agree to.

My question is, what implications does my ticket have since it is in the jurisdiction of a federal court/magistrate? Also, does anyone have any suggestions as to negotiations with the US Attorney's office. I served as a legal assistant for a year after finishing college, but I never saw anything outside of NC District court. Can anyone help? What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">