• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Messing with my pay!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brickman1999

I live in Ohio and my company is based out of Nashville, Tennesse. I do sales for the to customers in the building industry. I receive a small commision from what I sell as part of my annual salary. Recently they had some of my accounts go out of business and stiff them for some money. They have a credit department that decides whether or not to allow them to charge materials and I have never been consulted as to the customer's credit worthiness. The company has asked me to pay back commision earned on this bad debt which occured in 1999 and 2000. I don't have any kind of agreement to this, one way or the other. I want to know is this legal in Ohio and what if it is not, what should i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">