• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will a UNSAFE PASS ticket affect my CA driving license...?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

garyall

What is the name of your state? Ticket was issued in MN, while i have driving license from CA.

- Will a ticket issed because of "UNSAFE PASS"...affect my CA driving license...?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your advise & help.

CdwJava

They are both members of the DLC (Driver's License Compact) - also known as the Drivers License Agreement (DLA). The NVRC is generally being replaced by the DLC/DLA and all but a few states are part of the BOTH compacts.

Yes, it should be reported to CA.

- Carl

They are both members of the DLC (Driver's License Compact) - also known as the Drivers License Agreement (DLA). The NVRC is generally being replaced by the DLC/DLA and all but a few states are part of the BOTH compacts.

Yes, it should be reported to CA.

- Carl

MN is not currently part of the DLA which differs from the DLC. The DLA is going to require consitent statutes among all member states.

Furthermore, these agreements while in theory sound nice, in fact sometimes do not work so smoothly in reality. also reported violations differ from actually assessing points.

CdwJava

trieroffact said:
MN is not currently part of the DLA which differs from the DLC. The DLA is going to require consitent statutes among all member states.

Furthermore, these agreements while in theory sound nice, in fact sometimes do not work so smoothly in reality. also reported violations differ from actually assessing points.
The DLC is expected to be replaced by the DLA. Currently, both MN and CA are members of the DLC and there is no reason to believe they will not both participate in the DLA when it is finalized.

ALL the information can be accessed at: http://www.aamva.org/

And there is no guarantee that the MN information will ever make its way to CA - especially for this particular minor offense.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">