• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can anyone help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

magicshel2

I was wondering if there are any laws that discuss clocked in hours. I work an additional 15 to 20 minutes after I clock out. I have to clock out, then close my register, and then drive the bank bag to the bank. Should I legally get paid for all of these activities? I have found a few things that say I should, but nothing that says it is illegal. I would like to have legal facts before I confront my employer. I work for a well known Company. Thanks for any help you can give me. I live and work in Nebraska.

B

buddy2bear

You know, technically, it can be argued that if you are hurt, car accident, robbery, etc., while you are off-the-clock and making a run to the bank for your employer, that workers' compensation does not cover you since, technically, you are not working because you punched out?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">