• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contracted employees versus company employees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lil concerned

I work in a hospital that hads had to sign contracts with traveling and agency nurses to meet the demands. In oct the company told us they were probably going to lose one of there big insurance contracts. But they continued to sign contracts with agency and travelers. These agency and travelers are guaranteed to work. I have worked there 12 years. I am a float nurse. I go every where in the hospital except ICU, I have a reg schedule, reg benefits, I am concidered a reg employee. Since they lost this contract the census has been low. Under normal circumstatnces there is a policy to state who is a not need (gets the day off). But we are required to use are own personal time off if we want to get paid. Since these contracts guarantee that travelers get to work, I have been getting called off. I don't feel I should have to use my own personal time. I did not have the option of guaranteed shifts. And they have renewed and signed new contracts after knowing they would probably loss the insurance contract. Do I have any legal rights to protect my personal time?

B

buddy2bear

Unless you are a member of a union or have an employment contract, the hospital can "manage" its workforce anyway it likes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">