• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket from 2 years ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tygeriz

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I got a speeding ticket in May 2004 and was required to go to court. I requested a different court date and heard nothing back until yesterday. This is 2 1/2 years ago and I was wondering if there is a time limit on traffic tickets? Can they still issue this after so long, and is there anything I can do to fight this? I now live in PA.

tygeriz

I called and asked for a different court date because i could not make it then. she said she would send out a new summons, but i didn't get that until yesterday. do tickets last forever if they are unresolved?

moburkes

Yes, until there is a guilty or not guilty charge, or it is dismissed. What did you do, when you didn't receive any information?

tygeriz

i figured that it had been lost or something. so, basically, there is no way to get out of this ticket after all this time?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">