• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FREELANCING Q'S: $$ OWED & STUFF SAID

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JKELLY

I was hired as a DJ for a nightclub chain. I left the club in November 2000, but I am still owed money for services rendered and also reimbursements for items purchased for the club (it was my responsibility when hired to do some "minor maintenance" -- bulbs, etc). This has been going on for almost 2 months where I have not been paid and reimbursed. All parties involved (managers and my boss at corp level) are aware that $$ is owed me. It has been documented by me, several times, to several people.
Also, management of this club has made statements to my boss that I have made comments to people, that are not true. These comments, if were actually made to someone, could be taken to court for ethnic intimidation. This was addressed to me, via email, which I did save. I do have receipts and stuff (a paper trail, per se).
What kind of action can I take, since I pretty much consider myself a "freelancer". I live and reside in Ohio. Any kind of assistance/direction, is greatly appreciated!

JETX

Yes, first you need to 'formalize' your complaint. Send a letter (Certified RRR) to the club manager and the corporation detailing your claims and the amounts owed. Give them a reasonable time (7 working days?) to pay you. Then if they don't, you will have to take them to Small Claims court (assuming the amount is within that courts limitations).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">