• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug conspiracy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ejolly

What is the name of your state? Texas

over 4 years ago, me, my boyfriend at the time, and 2 other friends were stopped on our way home from out of town. My b/f had lg. amount of drugs none of the rest of us knew was in the car. He told me to hide it,but when I was searched, I told them it was his. He also admitted it was his and none of us knew he had it. They let us go, and he went to jail. This is all on video. 2 yrs. later, I pled guilty to 2 del/con.substance 1<4, 1poss<1, was given 8yrs. probation,weekend jail for a year, etc. Now,Iam being chargred with conspiracy to man/dist the drugs my then b/f had. I am looking at a lengthy prison sentence. What are my chances of winning if I go to trial? My ex-b/f is still claiming all responsibility, and that no one else had any knowledge of the drugs. He was in prison at the time of my offenses, and we were not in any contact with each other.

smutlydog

over 4 years ago, me, my boyfriend at the time, and 2 other friends were stopped on our way home from out of town. My b/f had lg. amount of drugs none of the rest of us knew was in the car. He told me to hide it,but when I was searched, I told them it was his. He also admitted it was his and none of us knew he had it. They let us go, and he went to jail. This is all on video. 2 yrs. later, I pled guilty to 2 del/con.substance 1<4, 1poss<1, was given 8yrs. probation,weekend jail for a year, etc. Now,Iam being chargred with conspiracy to man/dist the drugs my then b/f had. I am looking at a lengthy prison sentence. What are my chances of winning if I go to trial? My ex-b/f is still claiming all responsibility, and that no one else had any knowledge of the drugs. He was in prison at the time of my offenses, and we were not in any contact with each other.
More than one person you know signed a statement against you and or had converstations taped. Are you sure your boyfriend hasn't changed his story? How do you know your ex-b/f is still claiming all responsibility?

I am assuming this is a federal case. Contrary to what some people might tell you charges like this are hard to fight.Considering the 94% conviction.

The thing is that they make the penalty so high for pleading not guilty and loosing that few people take that chance. Go to prisontalk.com for more information.

Last edited:

Kane

Possession is not the same as ownership. Not "owning" the drugs is not a defense to possessing them. If you had them - if they were in your "care, custody, control or management," then you were in possession. Based on what you said here, your chances of winning at trial are poor.

However, the general statute of limitations for felonies is 3 years. If it was more than three years between the date of the offense, and the date you were charged, you need to ask your lawyer whether prosecution is barred.

http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes/cr.toc.htm See Chapter 12.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">