• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company has been charged by state with discr.ANY ADVICE?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mindy

Hi, I just found this forum today and it looks like it could really help me otu! The state agency in which I live has charged a company my friend worked for with violating his ADA rights and in turn violating state and fedeal laws. It is a very long story but I will condense it the best I can. My friend worked at a company for 2 years never a bad review, never a verbal or written warning and various raises and bonuses and compliments. "Matt, the friend of mine got addicted to prescription pain medicine as a result of any injury that occured at this job, he went to an outpatient methadone program for treatment and decided to be staightforward with his boss and tell him the truth and the very instant he told him he was fired and was told "I don't want anyone in my plant on methadone and go tell it to unemployment.' Also that the company would not contest his Unemployment benefits which they didn't" He did ask for reasonable accomadation to an open position on 2nd shift and for vacation time he had built up, both requests were denied. Can anyone give me some info. on how he should proceed with this case and if it is a good, solid case? Thanks so much. I really will appreciate it greatly! Mindy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">