• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Didn't receive Photo enforcement notification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imaginethis1971

What is the name of your state? Iowa
I received a notification in the mail that I am being charged and additional fine and can not longer contest a red light photo enforcement ticket. I never received the original notification. I remember the day it happened as I made notes to myself so I could fight the ticket if received. It was raining the light turned yellow and I would of had to slam on the brakes to stop, considering the conditions I choose to continue through the intersection rather than risking sliding through the intersection. I called the number on the letter and reached a person in Oklahoma who said she could send me a copy of the original and I asked for a local number to contact about the incident. The number she gave to me rings and rings but no one ever answers it. I cant afford the ticket and I am tired of dealing with officials that can't help me. In December of 2005 my vehical was stolen, recovered. and impounded, by the time I received notification the cost to get it out of impound was $500. I was originally told by the police that they would contact me if they found my jeep and I would only have to pay for the tow if it was impounded. When I contacted the department after I received the noficiation it was my tough luck. My jeep ended up getting auctioned off to the highest bidder. I was heartbroken, I had made 5 years of payments and had just gotten done having it fixed for an accident my sister in law had driving down the street. Any help would be appreciated.

moburkes

I remember the day it happened as I made notes to myself so I could fight the ticket if received. It was raining the light turned yellow and I would of had to slam on the brakes to stop, considering the conditions I choose to continue through the intersection rather than risking sliding through the intersection.That will not be an acceptable reason for going through the light. If you had to slam on your brakes to stop, then 1. you were driving too fast, and 2. you were definitely driving too fast for the conditions.

cepe10

Government officials (I myself am one) can be notoriously unresponsive and incompetant. I'm not sure what you can do personally about the defective service, it would take some work and research to get a judgement in your favor, or even a lawyer.

moburkes

Government officials (I myself am one) can be notoriously unresponsive and incompetant. I'm not sure what you can do personally about the defective service, it would take some work and research to get a judgement in your favor, or even a lawyer.
What happened to your other signature?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">