• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much for this fine?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classie83

What is the name of your state? NYC, NY

Traffic was moving slow on an long entrance ramp. I was in the left lane, and I crossed the small patch of stripes to get into the lane going onto another highway. The police gave me a ticket. On the back, it just says, "seatbelt, and other violations" 40 + 50. What does this mean? Do I have to pay $90.00? I have 15 days to pay...how much is this fine?

Thanks in advanced.

You Are Guilty

What is the name of your state? NYC, NY

Traffic was moving slow on an long entrance ramp. I was in the left lane, and I crossed the small patch of stripes to get into the lane going onto another highway. The police gave me a ticket. On the back, it just says, "seatbelt, and other violations" 40 + 50. What does this mean? Do I have to pay $90.00? I have 15 days to pay...how much is this fine?

Thanks in advanced.
Do you see that strange, ten-digit number on the back of the citation? That's what we refer to as a "phone number". If you push those numbers on your telephone, in order, and ask the person who answers your question, you'll be guaranteed a correct answer - unlike here, where all we can do is guess (which we'll happily do, if that's your preference).

Classie83

Do you see that strange, ten-digit number on the back of the citation? That's what we refer to as a "phone number". If you push those numbers on your telephone, in order, and ask the person who answers your question, you'll be guaranteed a correct answer - unlike here, where all we can do is guess (which we'll happily do, if that's your preference).
Thanks for your response. It's very much appreciated, however I'd also appreciate if you didn't try to insult my intelligence in your reponses. You could have said, "I don't have the answer. Just dial the phone number on the back."

Thanks ;)

BelizeBreeze

Thanks for your response. It's very much appreciated, however I'd also appreciate if you didn't try to insult my intelligence in your reponses. You could have said, "I don't have the answer. Just dial the phone number on the back."

Thanks ;)
He doesn't have the answer. Just dial the phone number on the back :D

BelizeBreeze

Really? OMG! Like, how can I get outta this thing?! I mean it was totally like not my fault and stuff that I was driving in the striped thingie! That's like totally waaaaaaaaaaay too much money! lol j/k
NOW you're playing by the rules of this forum....

Classie83

Thanx guys. Anyway, I think that it's a $40.00 fine, plus a $50.00 surcharge. But I will call that number on the back just to make sure ;)

You Are Guilty

Thanx guys. Anyway, I think that it's a $40.00 fine, plus a $50.00 surcharge. But I will call that number on the back just to make sure ;)
That's why I suggested you call. The NYS surcharge is $55, not $50, and last I checked, seatbelt tickets were way more than $40. No matter how much they pull out of your wallet, just be glad the officer wrote you up for just the seatbelt and not the "other" stuff, since the ticket you did get was a rarely seen "no-pointer".

PS: If the "How To Call The TVB" reply wasn't up your alley, feel free to ask for any of our other popular responses, "What Kind Of Mansion Should I Buy With My Lawsuit Winnings," "Yes Billy, The Police Can Lie To You," "How to Lose a Lawsuit in 5 Easy Steps," or my personal favorite, "How to Tie Your Shoes."
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">