• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket in Maryland

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

derrlogan

I am in Maryland, This morning on my way to work I was pulled over for speeding.
I didn't look at my speedometer since he kind of jumped out of nowhere and pointed at me to pull over so I can't confirm the speed.
He says I was doing 49 in a 30, and lowered it to 39.
My question is right after I moved here about 8 years ago, I got a speeding ticket and did the option of pleading guilty with explanation.
you basically go in front of the judge and try to explain why you were speeding, then they decide on the fine and points.. At that time since I had a clean driving record I recieved deferred adjudification and if I didn't get another ticket for 3 months or something like that the ticket was off my record and I didn't get any points.

I am basically wanting to know if they still do this in Maryland, that was the last time I had a ticket so my record is still clean.

thanks
Derrick

cepe10

they do the same thing at district court in MD now. from what I've seen you just say guilty and I have a clean record and you get the PBJ.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">