• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this a fedral charge???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

richard james

What is the name of your state? texas charges are poss. of maijuana 5lbs-50,poss. with intent to deliver 54 grams of myth,poss.3grams of cocaine and a 9mm pistol Will i get state or fedral prison

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? texas charges are poss. of maijuana 5lbs-50,poss. with intent to deliver 54 grams of myth,poss.3grams of cocaine and a 9mm pistol Will i get state or fedral prison
...with intent to deliver 54 grams of myth....

Sounds like a folklore charge to me.:D

smutlydog

It's possible that the state will prosecute you but there_s a good chance of it going federal. How it works is the state will drop charges and then the feds will pick up the case and indict you. The marshals will then re arrest you. Please keep us updated

The feds won_t file this case unless it_s air tight so that_s one factor to consider

Last edited:

Ozark_Sophist

SeniorJudge, you be the Taum Sauk. Read the OP's other posts. With an attitude like that, why poke at him? OP said texas charges, not federal. If feds step in, federal charges. Until then, remain a Taum Sauk.

If you reread the post he didn't technically say that the charges were State Charges, he says TEXAS after the question What is the name of your state. Then he just doesn't hit the enter button when asking his question.

As far as being up $hits creek without a paddle, at least hes aware that hes effed. I do give the guy credit, he wasn't being a moron about it. It could go either way, State or Federal. I for one honestly do not know which way it could go but, i do know he didn't specifically say that they were state charges.

Ozark_Sophist

Thanks, the state question gets me all the time. Still, I was reacting to the OP based on the totality of his posts, including other threads.

richard james

It's possible that the state will prosecute you but there_s a good chance of it going federal. How it works is the state will drop charges and then the feds will pick up the case and indict you. The marshals will then re arrest you. Please keep us updated

The feds won_t file this case unless it_s air tight so that_s one factor to consider
Alright so if the feds dont pick up the case then that tells me to fight it,because the feds wont want to waste time and money unless there positve they'll get a convection

fairisfair

SeniorJudge, you be the Taum Sauk. Read the OP's other posts. With an attitude like that, why poke at him? OP said texas charges, not federal. If feds step in, federal charges. Until then, remain a Taum Sauk.
What the heck?? isn't Taum Sauk a state park in Missouri???:confused:

Ozark_Sophist

SeniorJudge is hooked on phonics. ;)
It is a park in Missouri, but if you read it outloud right... :eek: --especially with a migraine, you might think he was trying to say something else.
So, my apologies to SeniorJudge for calling him a mountain. :)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">