• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i be fired???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ed123

I am working full time on light duty and still on WC. medical. The boss is pushing everyone for more scan numbers. When i started the boss said the average scans a day were 7000 to 7500. Now they want 10,000 a day. This is not a peice rate shop.I try to push for more numbers but it only makes my pain worse. I am very upset over this because I'm afraid that they will fire me.
MY question is can they fire me even though i am on WC medical and light duty? And can they push me like this?
They post the numbers some times and mine are always the lowest. Then they add little comments on the bottom like everyone did good except one, or great job all but one.

Any advise????

S

soontobemom

can i be fired?

Talk to a lawyer. It sounds like harassment to me, but I'm not a lawyer. Also, if they raise requirements and then say they don't have anything light duty for you, they can send you out on leave or let you go, but they would still be responsible for your injury. At least that's the way it works in the state of TN. Not sure about your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">