• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Improper lane change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

student2388

What is the name of your state? GA
I was traveling at the speed limit (30mph) at about 8:45. It was dark and we were traveling up a hill. I went to change lanes, used my blinker, checked for my lane to clear, thought it was and began to move over. Upon moving I saw a car that had been in my blind spot, as I began to return to my lane the car yielded so I continued my lane change. The other car did not slam on his/her breaks, nor did he/she use his/her horn. An officer travelling behind the car pulled me over for an "improper lane change." I have no prior traffic violations and have attended deffensive driving, what is the best way to contest this ticket and win? Is this a possibility? It was not a state trooper but a city police officer. I don't know if this makes a difference but this officer was involved in a poor judgement pursuit of a car that led to an accident. The court faulted the officer and awarded the plaintif $22,000.
Thank you in advance for any help.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">