• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refund Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cclark27

I am having trouble receiving a refund check from an auto maker's credit division stemming from a lease I was in. This refund is due from an overpayment of over $150 on personal property taxes from a couple of years ago. The county I had resided in realized they had charged me too much for personal property tax assesments in '99 and sent the refund to the leasing company. The company didn't post the check to my account, yet cashed it and is not paying attention to copies of the check I have repeatedly faxed to various customer service representatives and a manager. I recently sent a letter to the Better Business Bureau but haven't heard anything. What else should I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">