• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to fight Photo Detector Red Light Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tasfw00

What is the name of your state? California
I received a red light violation ticket detected by a photo detector. However, I was not the driver. Can I fight that ticket ? The ticket was issue by Pasadena PD. Any advice or suggestion is appreciated.

Pugilist

You do not have to ID the driver, but you will come under a LOT of official pressure to do so - from the court clerks, from the police, and even from some judges.

If the picture of the driver was good enough so that a judge can see, without a doubt, that it was not you, then your best bet is to go to court. But when you see the judge, you have to be very careful about the wording you use to tell him it was not you. If you say something that he thinks is testimony, then he can say that you have given up your right to NOT testify, and insist that you must now tell him who it was driving. (I am sure that the judges who visit this forum are gonna jump all over me for this one!)

Google "red light camera ticket" for much more info.

Pug

Jim_bo

Yo Occulty,

Well, I assume that the OP has email notifications on this thread and since arraignment dates are usually 2 months after the violation and trials are usually set a month (no more than 45 days) after arraignment, I felt that it was safe to assume the OP would be interested in this info. Pretty reasonable IMHO.

Jim_bo

So... what's your point? The OP MIIGHT not read it?? So what?? If the OP gets this info, I'm sure he'll find it very helpfu. If someone else who has a photo red light ticket reads it, I'm sure they will find it very helpful as well. If the OP doesn't read it, what harm has been done? Geez guy... lighten up. No one has caused you harm. The only thing that could possibly have happened here is someone may have been helped. What is your goal?

Jimbo

racer72

Check out some of the other responses Dim bo has posted in other threads. Talk about the blind leading the blind..

Jim_bo

Check out some of the other responses Dim bo has posted in other threads. Talk about the blind leading the blind..
Dude... what's your f'ing problem? I just provided this guy and any other person in the same situation all the ammunition they need to beat a photo red light ticket. And now I get trash like this from you? Kiss my a$$.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">