• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misapporiation of Funds by POA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CARLSOS

What is the name of your state? VA
Mother (83 year old) named daughter POA in 2004 without knowledge of other family members. In 4/06 a family member discovered POA cashed mother's CD's and put them in POA's name without her mothers knowledge. The CD's were put in the mother's and other family members names as beneficiaries. When my mother was told this, she revoked daughters POA and made 2 sons durable POA 5/06. Daughter went to her mother's doctor after her POA was revoked and had letter written that her mother was incompetent and he had been treating her for dementia since 2003 . Doctor has since moved out of state. Can my mother get her money back from daughter as she now has to have in home care that she is paying for out of pocket and that money will be needed once she has exhausted her current holdings? Would this be considered misapporiation of funds? Daughter has not used money to date. What can be done to retrieve this money for my mother's care?

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">