• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lost purse found w/drugs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? mass.

friend left pocketbook at hospital accidently. Mother called right away and was told they had found it. Owner to pick up. Nothing of any value in it so did not need to run down and get it. Called two days later to learn where to pick up and was told there were drugs found in it while looking for id. police have it. she does not use drugs. what could happen?

CdwJava

She'll probably be charged with possession. Does she have some epxlanation as to why drugs are in her purse? Hopefully she won't go with the mystery person stashing their drugs in her purse ... that doesn't hold water. Doppers don't just dump their stash in others purses sitting around.

- Carl

Eekamouse

Oh she does TOO use drugs! Who are you trying to bull5hit here? She's going to get charged with possesion of a controlled substance and likely be sentenced to a rehab program as punishment.

LSCAP

They will probably ask her to make a statement "Read that as confession.”
But I hate seeing cops- sort of- bend the rules. If they had a case why didn't they go and arrest her.

If a lawyer goes with her, he should be able to prevent a statement being given.

A lawyer will probably recommend counseling before going to court. (which would probably be a very good thing) Anything else-fighting it- would be too expensive.

There IS a loss of possession.
Was it in her possession, or close proximity, or in a locked container that she owned?

It could be a boyfriend's, a jealous girlfriend, The Devil ??? She doesn’t know, it was out of her sight.

While I believe that anyone who uses illegal drugs is an idiot. (And if her parents don’t recognize the problem they are bigger idiots) the “war” on drugs is the main reason for the “vanishing 4th amendment”.

CdwJava

LSCAP said:
But I hate seeing cops- sort of- bend the rules. If they had a case why didn't they go and arrest her.
What rule are they bending?

As for why they don't arrest her, it's probably because they either want to talk to her first, or, they are waiting to submit the matter to the DA or a grand jury first.

If a lawyer goes with her, he should be able to prevent a statement being given.
If she can afford to hire one, that is. She can always shut up and hope they don't arrest her on the spot. Or, she can always NOT go to pick up the purse and wait for them to come to her ... IF they come for her.

It could be a boyfriend's, a jealous girlfriend, The Devil ??? She doesn’t know, it was out of her sight.
So she claims. The DA might agree with that. The DA might not. Common sense says that dopers don't hide their stash in other people's purses ... it means they don't have it anymore. It could be that the owner of the purse was holding the dope for a friend ... or that the friend dumped it to avoid her own culpability. These are all arguments for the defense attorney to make IF this goes to court.

While I believe that anyone who uses illegal drugs is an idiot. (And if her parents don’t recognize the problem they are bigger idiots) the “war” on drugs is the main reason for the “vanishing 4th amendment”.
Oh, please. :rolleyes:

If you look at it en toto this so-called "war" is nothing more than a skirmish. If we had ever been serious about prosecuting drug offenses, people wouldn't be arrested (on average) about 5 times before doing serious time for dope. But, this is a different topic.

- Carl

lost purse w/drugs

hello.

i should have written this in sooner. sorry.
problem got solved, so i moved on to a new one!

no! my girlfriend does not do drugs. BUT! turns out her daughter was!!
the little darlin was being dropped off to drivers ed by mom and realized she needed to lose the stuff quick before driving so decided mom wouldn't notice it in her purse for just a few hours!! yyyiiikkkkes!!
the father was told and for some reason decided to march down to the station ready for anything.

he returned home shortly after having retrieved and signed for his wifes purse, contents untouched but immediatly disgarded!
that was a very lucky break! i think she is still under house arrest!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">