• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired because of drug search

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

greycat

My son was an assistant manager of a fast food place. Last week while he was on duty the police came to the business and asked to search the place. He gave them permission. They found pot on one of his employees and a pipe in the back room. My son was not involved with the drugs at all and was not aware of his employee's involvement in drugs. They searched my son, his locker and his vehicle and found nothing. They wanted to search the head managers locker but couldn't because it was locked and he was unavailable. My son went to the police station and was questioned. They accused him and the head manager of being involved with selling drugs or that my son and the head manager " looked the other way" when his employees were selling drugs. My son or the head manager were not charged with anything. But the next day the cop involved in the search and questioning called the corporate office of the business and told them of their suspistions. The day after that my son was fired for "Drug paraphanela on the premisis while he was on duty." The head manager's job is in question. Any advice? We live in Wisconsin. My son is over age 18. It was never determined by the police who the pipe belonged to. The pipe was in an area that could be accessed by any of the employees. Can my son collect unemployment? How should he handle interviews or applications for new jobs?

[Edited by greycat on 01-05-2001 at 11:42 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">