• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mip and possession of marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paradigm187

What is the name of your state? Wyoming

So a few weeks ago I was sitting in my truck with my girlfriend and we watched someone get pulled over. The cops searched his vehicle and then let him go, and I didn't think anything of it been then they put their cherries on and pulled behind me. They asked me about the puddle of piss by my truck which I told them was from me, and then they asked if they could search my vehicle. I told them no and they said they would get the drug dog then, so I gave them consent hoping that they wouldn't find my weed and in turn not bother with the drug dog. Well, they found my weed and my bottle of whiskey. I'm 17 and my friend recently got the same charges against him. He told me that if I plead not guilty to the mip that they will drop it and just give me the possession charge. Can anyone verify this or give me any better advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">