• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cocain charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

infinity2jade

2 1/2 years ago i was inditted on a felony drug charge in the state of TEXAS with "DELIVERY OF LESS THAN A GRAM TO AN UNDERCOVER AGENT" I posted bond which was $25,000. I hired a lawyer and the best she could get me was after 3 months of bargainig was 18 months in a state jail(day for day) or 12 months and five years probation. This being my first drug charge i ,out of advice from another lawyer, I fired her and went to court when i recieved a notice to appear and asked the asst.D.A. to give me an extention to find better representation.They said O.K.. After 2 weeks went by I had trouble comming up with the $1000.00 retainer for my new lawyer and in a dire move I wrote The D.A. a letter since I knew him personlly. In the letter i did not admit guilt but simply asked for more time(2 months) and asked if he would wave me appearing in court every 30 days so i would not lose my job and could put enough money toghether for better representation. he recieved the letter,he had to of because it has been almost 3 years and i have never heard from the D.A. nor do I have a warrent for "failier to appear". MY QUESTION IS HOW LONG DO THEY HAVE BEFORE THEY EITHER HAVE TO LET ME WALK OR CALL ME TO APPEAR IN FRONT OF A JUDGE IN THE STATE OF TEXAS? I CAN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT FOR ALL THESE YEARS AND WANT TO GET THIS OUT OFF THE WAY ,BUT AM AFRAID TO CALL THE D.A. AND FIND OUT WHATS GOING ON. WHAT SHOULD I DO???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">