• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug charges in az

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

desire29

What is the name of your state? arizona
My boyfriend and I got into a physical fight in my vehicle. I was purposely honking the horn to get help, the police were called. The police were going to let us go until my boyfriend mentioned something about drugsd in the car. The cop asked if he could search my vehicle. I did not give him permission to search. Another cop them came up to me and said I was under arrest for disorderly conduct. They then searched my car and found some meth. I went to jail for disorderly conduct and they seized my car. This happened aug 27th almost 3 months ago and I still dont have my car. I have since went to court on the disorderly conduct and it was dismissed beiing I was a victim. The drugs still have not been charged against me. Can you tell me if they can still charge me for the drugs since they violated my 4th amendment right to search my vehicle? Can I get my vehicle back? The only reason they put me under arrest was because I didnt give them consent to search. Is it to bad so sad they found the drugs they can still charge me or can I fight ther fact that they violated my rights to search my vehicle?? How long do they have to charge me with the drugs and why haventy they charged me yet??

seniorjudge

If they have not confiscated your car, then they should charge you so you can file an objection to the search.

So ask them to charge you.

desire29

this happened on aug 27th , they had my car towed and when I tried to get my car they said it is being held for evidence, but I havent been charged for anything accept that disorderly conduct charge and that was dismissed on oct 31st

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">