• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this right?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Billr

I am disabled due to a work related injury. Back in May of 1999 we signed a setllement agreement, the main part of the agreement was that I would be provided full medical pertaining to my injury. Recently we found out that my company hired investigators to follow me. The question I have concerns them video taping me while I am INSIDE my house. Are they allowed to do this and don't they some kind of warrant for this? I feel that they have NO right to do this to me and my family. Following me around is one thing, but doing that is not right! Does anyone know what I can do about this?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Ever heard of the expression: no dice?

As long as they are NOT trespassing on your property while videotaping (i.e. like from sidewalk or across the street) and your windows are open, door is open, etc (i..e blinds aren't closed), you have just opened yourself up to public view.

There are some states that have case law that say this is still considered an invasion of privacy. But you would need to consult with an attorney in your state to find that information out.

try http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">