• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mold Is Making My Baby Sick

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MISTY1313

:( INDIANA
My husband owns a trailor that is sitting on a lot in a mobile home park. The lot holds A LOT of water. We have green-black mold growing in our window sills, door frames, and all the way up the trailor in the grooves of the siding. I have actually pulled a piece of follage that was about two inches tall out of the floor inside the front door between the carpet and the tile! My 11-month old daughter has had respitory problems for about 6 months now. We found out that she is allergic to mold. The doctor believes that the mold that is growing in, under, and around our trailor is the cause for her cronic illness. My question is this; do we have any legal ground against the trailor park in this case??What is the name of your state?

CJane

:( INDIANA
My husband owns a trailor that is sitting on a lot in a mobile home park. The lot holds A LOT of water. We have green-black mold growing in our window sills, door frames, and all the way up the trailor in the grooves of the siding. I have actually pulled a piece of follage that was about two inches tall out of the floor inside the front door between the carpet and the tile! My 11-month old daughter has had respitory problems for about 6 months now. We found out that she is allergic to mold. The doctor believes that the mold that is growing in, under, and around our trailor is the cause for her cronic illness. My question is this; do we have any legal ground against the trailor park in this case??What is the name of your state?

I seriously doubt it. If they're responsible for anything at all, the owners of the trailer park are only responsible for maintaining the land that they own. The care and maintenance of the trailer that your husband owns is his responsibility - including keeping it clean and free of things like mold and 'foliage' that isn't meant to be growing indoors.

I'd recommend you stock up on Claritin, bleach, and mildew remover.

Also - call your county extension agent and find out who can test the mold to make sure it's not the fatal kind. Just to be on the safe side.

Some Random Guy

Is there another lot that you can move to within the same park or a nearby park? If you're complaining about the mold in a swamp, its best to move out of the swamp. For your daughter's sake I would suggest a thorough top to bottom (and underneath) cleaning.

As with the other posters I don;t see much of a case against the trailer park based upon what you have said so far.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">