• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being sued by a Dentist for 400 in MI -- need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AwanaCommander

I have had a "Summons and Complaint" filed against me in circuit court by a local dentist for 406.00. I need to respond with an "Answer" I am not sure if I should get a lawyer, or if I will end up spending as much or more on the lawyer than I would by settling.

The dentist provided a bite guard for my wife which was not made properly, we returned the bite guard and refused to pay for it once we realized the dentist's mistake. That is the short version of the story.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

HomeGuru

You do not need a lawyer. Answer the Complain with Bite Me, the product was defective therefore no workie no monie.

JETX

In all seriousness, you need to file a 'General Denial' of the claims made by the dentist. In it, you basically want to deny the claim and ask that the Plaintiff be forced to prove his claim. You can add some specific details to support your denial.. (violation of implied warranty of merchantability, professional misconduct, etc.) but they are not required.

Since you didn't follow the directions on this forum (see the RED text at the top of the screen??) we can't give you specific advice, but you should contact the court clerk to find out the procedures for filing this denial.

A

AwanaCommander

Case in progress

I read the directions in RED at the top of the screen, and as far as I can tell, I followed them completely. Please let me know what I may have missed.

Thanks for the advice several have given so far. I have filed an "Answer" to the complaint, and basically denied all the implied charges. I did not retain a lawer for this, and hopefully I did not screw up too badly, but it all *seemed* pretty straightforward.

I do not know what will happen next, but I would appreciate it if anyone can help me understand what to expect.

Many thanks in advance,

Daniel

A

AwanaCommander

Directions in RED

I included my state in the subject header of my original posting, my apoligies if that was confusing. I am in Michigan.

Daniel

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">