• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hardship license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

habitatxskate

What is the name of your state? New jersey

Alright, so my friend told me a little about a hardship license for someone who's parent has died and the other one works 60 hours + a week..

my dad usually works 60 hours a week, but not always would i be able to get one of these licenses?

i used google and couldn't come up with many results, but i was wondering if anyone can give me a link to a site for information and forms i need to submit..

where would I be able to drive? work? school? out with friends? let me know all of the information you have, i'm really interested about this.

habitatxskate

my friend is 14, and she got one...she said some requirements were, one of your parents have had to passed away, and your other parents has to work 60 hours a week, which my dad does usually.

The Occultist

my friend is 14, and she got one...she said some requirements were, one of your parents have had to passed away, and your other parents has to work 60 hours a week, which my dad does usually.
You'll excuse me for being a skeptic about that, because it just doesn't make any sense. So, I'll ignore that and just go ahead and tell you where else you can turn to to find somebody else to tell you you're wrong: since the DMV is the only place that can issue DL's, perhaps you should call them and ask them.

racer72

Copy and paste the below URL into your browser. Then tell me where is says a 14 year old can legally drive.

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Licenses/EarlyBird.htm

Guess what, it doesn't. I have spent over an hour scouring the state of New Jersey laws and statutes. Nothing allows a 14 year old to legally drive. You can't legally drive alone till 17.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">