• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cappy888

What is the name of your state? NEW JERSEY

I'm in the process of filling short term disability that I have through my company. I will only get a percentage of my pay. Can I get the remainder from the person that caused the accident. Or am I just out of luck.:confused:

moburkes

You will have to describe the accident that you are talking about. By the way, read your disability policy. If you recover money from an at fault party, you MAY be required to "pay back" the disability insurance company.

cappy888

What is the name of your state? NEW JERSEY

I'm in the process of filling short term disability that I have through my company. I will only get a percentage of my pay. Can I get the remainder from the person that caused the accident. Or am I just out of luck.:confused:

I was in an auto accident twice
first company car
second personal car
both accidents hit from behind. Disability will pay 60% of pay . Is the party that hit me responsible for the remainder of my salary???? In both accidents that is.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are expecting a law that specifies that the person that hit you must bring your disability pay up to 100%, you're in for a disappointment; no such law exists.

Whether or not you can get ANYTHING from the person that hits you will depend on the details of the accident, your/his auto accident policy, and how much better or worse your lawyer is than his lawyer.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are expecting a law that specifies that the person that hit you must bring your disability pay up to 100%, you're in for a disappointment; no such law exists.

Whether or not you can get ANYTHING from the person that hits you will depend on the details of the accident, your/his auto accident policy, and how much better or worse your lawyer is than his lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">